Thursday, June 22, 2017

Return to Sender

I am taking a course with Patricia King and she shared a story today that has so deeply resonated with me that I need to retell it. She spoke about dealing with bouts of depression for many years. Then this last time, when she felt the beginnings of the feelings of depression coming on, she started to lean into it as she had in the past. But this time, God asked her if she was going to receive it or turn it down. She stated that she didn’t know that she actually had a choice. 
Then God gave her a vision of a postman with a package from Lucy Fur (I love that!). She said the package made note of its contents: depression. When the postman asked her to sign for the package, she wrote, “Return to Sender” instead. Thus, she was able to defeat the feelings of depression, and each time they come back, she reminds herself to “Return to Sender.”
I love this so much. I am so grateful for her life and her example, and I am so encouraged by her experiences.
I will forever now have a buffer against the fiery darts aimed at me. I will sign them, return to sender and not accept them into my life.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings