Friday, December 7, 2012

Bare Trees and Me


During my early morning walk today, I was noticing the bare trees in my yard, and I realized how much positive energy I get from looking at them.  Then I pondered why I like to see bare trees.  Not only do I like to look at them, I draw them frequently – during meetings when I am bored and start to doodle, I usually end up drawing trees with no leaves.  Now my first thought was that this is pretty quirky, and I really shouldn’t admit this to anyone.  But my next thought was really an explanation.  A bare tree is full of stillness and life that is waiting.  Full potential for lushness in the spring is waiting in quiet anticipation.  God has called me to wait many times – possibly the hardest tasks He has ever given me, and I really have not learned the lesson yet.  Perhaps my connection and my lesson of the bare, still trees is that I need to learn from them.  Be still and KNOW life and plenty is coming.  Now is the season of waiting with quiet anticipation, but stand strong.  Withstand the harsh winds and cold snows and ice because the warm healing spring will come.  I feel an incredible amount of sense-making this morning, and all because of my beautiful leafless trees.  Of course -- they are the symbol of hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings