Saturday, March 29, 2014

Hold Onto The Rock


Today during my morning jaunt, the wind was blowing from the Northwest.  I was watching a leaf being tossed about, sort of headed South, but not able to really move in any one particular direction. It was just going every which way. With a bigger gust, it slammed against a rock and just stayed there.  I realized how very much I am like that leaf – pushed and shoved by the winds around me.  They come from every direction, and like that leaf, I can spin in circles trying to make my way.  But when I hold onto the rock – the Rock of Christ, I can stick there and can just be present.  Today, my prayer is to be slammed into The Rock and hold on while the winds of this world gust and thrash about me.  I will remain centered on the Rock and not be carried about in a whirlwind frenzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings