Monday, December 28, 2015

Grateful


     I am sitting at my laptop, staring at an amazing photo of my daughter and her husband and their daughter.  It is taken at a distance, and they look like shadows in a forest with the sun glistening like diamonds through bare trees.  The sky is an azure blue, which makes for a striking contrast.  As I gaze at this photo, tears of gratitude are streaming down my face.  I have no idea how I managed to be so blessed.  I have certainly done nothing to deserve the joy in having such a beautiful family.  Having grown up in a rather dysfunctional home, I longed for knowing the love of kindred souls.  We may not be as close-knit as many other families that I know, but this picture reminds me of God’s goodness.  I pray that my daughter and her family will remember who they are.  I pray that they will be reminded that all of their blessings come from Him.  I pray that they will raise my grandchildren to know Him and want to serve Him.  While these are unanswered prayers at the present, I am ever hopeful that something will stir in their hearts to draw them close to Him once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings