Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Rescue Me, Please!

Today, I spent my time between filling out job applications and trying to locate a publisher – someone – ANYONE who would be willing to take a chance on promoting what I have to offer.  What I want is someone to just call me on the phone to say, “Linda, I just read your books and I LOVE your writing.  We want to sign you on a contract.”  Or, “Linda, of course we want you to teach for us.  We are looking for strong Ph.D. candidates for this position.”
           
But having to go out and find the openings is overwhelming.  It feels like I am 10 again and my Mom tells me to clean my entire room.  I don’t know where to start, and so I just dump all of my drawers in the middle of the floor and then burst into tears because it is just too much to do.  Too many decisions – keep, sell, throw away?  It’s all too much in one giant heap and it won’t go away until I deal with it.  All  of it.

 I stopped my job hunting and instead watched a movie while doing an on-line jigsaw puzzle.  I am much better now.  I still want my Prince to come and rescue me, but alas, that will not happen.  I wonder why I keep hoping anyway?  Sigh.

Tomorrow will be another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings