Monday, November 27, 2017

Stuck or Learning to Trust?

I am feeling still very stuck. I know in my heart of hearts that I have the mind of Christ. I know that I am able to bring every thought captive unto the obedience of Christ. I know that I am dead to sin and that my life has already been crucified with Jesus. I know that I carry with me the almighty God. I know that I am His precious princess warrior. I know that He loves me beyond what all of my years of education could ever help me to even possibly understand.

Yet, here I sit amidst the muck of feelings that I can’t seem to shake.

I have much to be grateful for. I am blessed more than words can express. I see how Papa has poured His favor on me so many times that I can’t even recall all of them.

Then why the blues? Why am I feeling impatient and angsty? Why am I feeling like I am stagnant and not doing enough?

I know how to replace my wrong thoughts with gratitude. I know how to choose to think according to God’s Word. I know how to ask the Holy Spirit for guidance.

So why am I stuck and feeling like I am somehow doing something wrong.

I am beginning to more fully understand how the enemy has established a larger foothold with the little stuff.

This is why, in Matthew 6:19 it says, Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rest destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

See, it’s the little stuff. A moth is a tiny creature that is barely noticed. Rust appears slowly and takes time to corrode.  The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy. But he is clever and we are not to be ignorant of his devices.

When big things come, it is second nature to jump into Papa’s arms and to stay there through the storm. But the little stuff insidiously creeps up—without notice.

Just as it takes time for a tiny moth to ruin a sweater or some rust to eat away a car panel, tiny droplets of forgetting who I am add up to a giant mud puddle of old-man nature without me even noticing.

It is time to reclaim my inheritance. I no longer have that nature. It was nailed to the cross. I have no desire to take it back.

I will not allow the small stuff to suck away the promises that Christ accomplished. Otherwise, He died in vain.


Thank you, Holy Spirit, for teaching me how to see through the eyes of Jesus. I am learning each day just exactly what it means to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings