Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Vicarious Loving

Utter joy again today! I got to stand at the front door to the school that houses all of our district’s Kindergarten and First Graders. With the weather being cold and snowy, the children wait inside the building rather than play on the playground. Of course the doors are all locked for security, so I stationed myself there to open the door as each arrived.

I think this is one of my favorite jobs as a substitute principal.

While doing door-duty, I get to watch a host of parents and grandparents walk their children up the sidewalk, some carrying the child’s bookbag, and most holding hands until the farewell hug.  

Where else do you get to watch loving relationships in action, one after the other for an entire half-hour?

 I think I got to hear at least forty parents tell their children they were loved.  I got to hear at least that many again being given an encouraging word and a reminder to be their best.

Love in action is contagious. Watching others share their love with each other creates run-off for the onlooker as well.

If you want to do your heart good, come stand and greet littles as they enter their school.


It is such a sweet moment in time, and even just as a spectator, the love-energy truly fills the heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings