Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Angry Motorcycle Guy

So today as I was leaving an appointment, I made a left turn onto a rather busy street. I saw a motorcycle coming from my right, but he was far enough away that I could easily make my turn in front of him. That is if he had been going only slightly above the speed limit rather than over 20mph faster. When I completed my turn, he purposely sped up to make a point. I was saying out loud, “You are going too fast!”  This guy decided to make it an issue, so he pulled in the lane beside me and was yelling at me. I said again, “You are going too fast,” but he continued to yell.  I started praying for him and quit making eye contact.  He then pulled behind me.  I decided to turn left to go through a drive-thru at a smoothie place, and he again pulled up beside me, all the while screaming, “Why did you try to run me off the road?” He kept yelling this, so I called into the order speaker that a guy was out here yelling at me, and I guess we need a police officer. When he heard that, he sped off, still yelling. 

The adrenalin was certainly flowing freely, but I was caught wondering two things. First, why was this guy so angry? I really did have assured clear distance until he sped up, and even then, it wasn’t even close until he made it that way.  But then he changed the truth into a lie, claiming I actually wanted to hurt him by “running him off the road.” I know this guy is going to go to his grave believing I tried to run him off the road (hopefully he doesn’t go too soon, but with this kind of driving behavior, it would not be surprising).


I am sad for this young man. So much emotion. So much self-induced drama. And for what purpose? Surely there have to be bigger eggs to fry than trying to create a scene with an ole’ retired lady.  I will continue to pray for him, and all of the other drivers that happen to get in his way.

2 comments:

  1. It has been my experience that some, for unknown reasons, are just angry. With this mindset the person will 'look' for a reason to lash out!! I'm sad it was you...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words (whoever you are😊)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings