Wednesday, January 10, 2018

More

I know I have been called to be an intercessor. It is an honor and a privilege that I do not take lightly. When I first realized that I was supposed to step into this calling, not only did I not understand it, but I was actually kind of ticked at God about it.

First of all, He began teaching me in the middle of the night.

Now, I already don’t sleep well, so when I am actually in a deep sleep, being woken from it brings concern about my physical needs. When the teaching began, I was still working over sixty hours a week as an elementary principal, and the amount of stress in that job, combined with poor sleep was not a good mix. So, when Papa began waking me up at 3:00 AM to pray for people I didn’t even know, I wasn’t real happy, and I certainly did not see this as a gift to treasure.

I started asking Him why He needed me to pray for someone. It made no sense. He already knew that He wanted to heal someone or deliver someone from something. He knew them and He knew the need. Why did I have to wake up to pray, when He already knew what He wanted to do? Why did I have to ask Him to do what He was asking me to say?

The thing I love most about Papa is that He loves all of me. My whiney me. My angry me. My demanding me. My argumentative me. All of me. So, when I asked, He answered.

He explained the mechanism that He designed to bring supernatural power into play. It had to go through His people. He chooses to partner with us to bring Heaven to Earth.

I don’t understand it, but from what I am seeing, it is such a beautiful thing.

Why Almighty God would choose to use little ole’ me for His purposes, I don’t get, but I am excited to share in His work. I guess this is what it means to be created “in His image.” I am the image-bearer of God. The one, true, God, Almighty. As I make space to allow that to soak in a bit, I’m hooked.

Okay, I get to be a part of what You want to do. So, let’s do it.

I didn’t understand how I could be the only possibility in that moment, but I was willing to rise to the call.

I prayed for a young, pregnant woman who wanted to end her life. I prayed for hope and for others to come forward to give her the support she needed to move forward.

The next night, I prayed for a drug-addict to shake loose from the strongholds of darkness. I could feel the presence of the Lord breaking the chains of addiction for this young woman.

Then, silence.

Days turned into weeks, turned into months, and there were no more middle of the night battles.

Now my questions became about why Papa wasn’t using me. I want to partner with Him every day.

Deafening silence.

I kept asking (I don’t take silence as an answer very well).

What I heard, I didn’t like.

I’m in training. I am learning to trust. I am learning to discern.

I kept saying that I know there had to be more for me. Months of silence.

Then, out of the blue, a friend from High School contacts me to pray for her daughter-in-law who had suffered several miscarriages. I got to partner again, and that beautiful, baby boy was born just after Christmas.

I love these testimonies of God’s goodness and how He chooses to partner with His children to make His presence real.

But I want more.

I don’t know why there aren’t more.

I am pressing in to understand. I have tasted the joy of these powerful moments of working in sync with God to bring His purposes into play, and I want more.

I know there are those that have whole ministries based on the supernatural miracles. They expect healings and deliverance each and every time.

I want that mantle. I want to be used every day.

I don’t care if it is the middle of the night or in the middle of a movie or in the middle of anything else. When people are delivered, and we get to partake in that process, there are no words to describe the delight in bringing that glory to my Papa.

More!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings