Thursday, February 8, 2018

Flow


            The older I get, the more I realize how important it is for me to have an outlet for what the Holy Spirit is teaching me. Just like our digestive system, we have to let out the bulk of what goes in to make room to swallow more. If we never let out the bulk, we would not be able to take in more.

            I have gone through periods of spiritual constipation, where I felt closed off—holding desperately onto beautiful nuggets, thinking that they would sustain me. In reality, however, as I share those deep thoughts, allowing them to flow from me, the capacity to receive more increases.

            I am amazed at the beauty in the synchronous rhythms our Creator has designed. Simple, yet not. The flow, like breathing in and breathing out, is part of our entire being. Part of our entire world. The ocean waves moving in and out with the tide; the cycle of the seasons; the stark white melting snows turning to green life; birth to death; the heart pumping out and in; food in, waste out—these rhythms all around us and in us and through us. These are the very essence of what is most important in life.

            Now, when I am learning new things, I am looking for ways to share, because I know that in order to receive more, I have to allow the Creator-designed flow to move. In and out. Receive and give. Inhale, exhale.

            Our enemy wants us to believe that we need to hold onto what is most important. The lie is that if we give it away we will be empty. This is so very far from the truth in almost every aspect of our existence. Our finances are only blessed when we give our blessings away. Our children become healthy and resilient when we give up ourselves to listen and guide. Our hearts are healed through giving to others. We receive when we give.

            My heart sings, “I want more.”

            The answer is, “Give away what you have.”

            We only have to look around us to see the truth in this. Do not give place to the father of lies for one second more. Allow the flow to become who you are, and soon it becomes so easy to see the gorgeous truth that we are indeed the image of our Creator. This is a constant reminder to the world of Almighty God. What better way to be the living epistle we are called to be, “known and read of all men.”

           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings