Monday, March 12, 2018

From Zero To Tears in Ten Seconds


Last night, I had the opportunity to practice giving a word of prophecy. I am a student in the School of Kingdom Ministry that is sponsored through the Vineyard Church. Although I have not been given the gift of prophecy, I understand that all of God’s people are able and expected to walk in this manifestation. This year-long training has been affirming and so amazing for several reasons.

First, I am in awe as to how Papa works with each of us so differently. I am the only one in our group who receives words of knowledge, words of wisdom and prophecy by seeing words that I “read”.  Some of the other students get pictures, others hear words, and some just get a gut feeling. I actually see words. When I speak them, more information comes, but the overriding sense of knowing that I am hearing from the Holy Spirit still is in words, not pictures.

I often wish I had pictures because they seem so much more vivid, yet the beauty is that there isn’t a “right” or “wrong” way. Rather we each have our own unique way of connecting with the Holy Spirit to walk out our journey in bringing the Kingdom of Jesus into the lives of those around us.

We were in groups of three, having only a few minutes to practice before the night was finished. When I checked in with the Holy Spirit, I was told to be a listener.

This made me smile, because I often am the first to speak. It is good for me to be still and wait. That in of itself was training.

As the first person in our group gave a word to the other person, I watched how quickly the receiver resonated with what was being spoken over her. While I was listening, I realized why I was supposed to listen first. It was because the one giving the word was acting in accordance with the word I was receiving for her. Because I saw her live it out, I was able to speak over her with authority.

The most exciting part was how I knew the words I spoke were not originated from my own thoughts. I watched this young lady go from a smile to tears within ten seconds. Those tears were complete affirmation that God was doing a work in her, and she knew it to be true. There would be nothing I could conjure up that could make that kind of an impact so quickly.

She knew in her heart that God was speaking directly to her through me.

What a privilege and an honor to be able to partner with Almighty God to bring His Kingdom to Earth and to His people!

From zero to tears of resolute joy in ten seconds. Only God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings