Wednesday, March 28, 2018

In The Waiting Room Again


The idea resonated instantly. I immediately felt energized about the endeavor. I poured tons of time into getting things started.

And now, I wait.

I sit in the waiting room, pondering why it always seems like this. I get so close to seeing something amazing happen, and then, almost like a test to see if I truly will trust what is unseen, just short of moving forward, everything screeches to a complete stand still.

This seems to be the story of my life.

Which, then, reminds me that I must not yet have learned the lesson.

So, here I sit, waiting, and watching. I remain steadfast, knowing the outcome has nothing to do with me at all.

It is easy to say I trust, but in the quiet waiting room of faith, it is incredibly difficult work.

I don’t like it in the waiting room, and yet, it seems I spend most of my time here. When I have asked the Holy Spirit what I was to do while sitting in the wait, I have been told the same thing three times, “Learn to live loved.”

It feels most unloving, however, to see an amazing end result just short of my reach as though I could never obtain it.

Now I know the lesson.

Trust means to not look at the results, but to trust the One who created the process.

My prayer for today is to not compare myself to those who seem to easily, and almost effortlessly get the results they want. I know I have my own personal journey here.

So, I wait. Living loved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings