Friday, April 28, 2017

Dunamis

Yesterday, from out of the blue, a friend from high school sent me a private message to pray for her son and daughter-in-law in a new pregnancy. Having already suffered two miscarriages and getting rather up there in years, they were battling genuine fears, hoping that this time, they would finally have the family they dreamed of having. Now the odd thing is that this high school friend and I only recently reconnected on Facebook, not having really spoken to one another in well over forty years. We actually were not really all that close even back then, although we hung around in the same circles prior to her graduating a year ahead of me.

When she messaged me, I sent back a written prayer immediately, and then began praying in the spirit. Intercessory prayer is such a powerful weapon against the adversary, and I know that I have been called on as a Prayer Warrior before.  It is always a joy and a privilege to be asked.

This time, however, when I prayed, I felt the dunamis.  Do you know what that is?

Dunamis is what Jesus felt when the woman with the issue of blood for twelve years  touched the edge of his garment. In Luke 8:45, we are told that Jesus felt someone touch him, and asked who that was. Peter, rather incredulously reminded Jesus that they were in a huge crowd and there were many people pressing into him. But Jesus answered him in vs. 46 saying, “Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.” That word power?  That’s dunamis. That’s the power of miracles.

I felt that last night, and I might add, it is so humbling to know that the God of all creation would use simple me as a conduit of His mighty power.

This morning, I messaged my friend, telling her of my experience when I had prayed that I felt a shift in energy. I told her that I believed this pregnancy was going to result in a healthy new grandbaby. I also asked her why she reached out to me.

Her not surprising reply was that she felt God leading her to do so. I call that a divine nudge. Nothing is more exhilarating than when we get to partner with God Almighty making wrong, right and darkness, light.  I know, too, it is nothing special about me, other than I absolutely love to participate in His Kingdom work.

Dunamis is amazing, and more of a rush than a giant roller-coaster. And just like that ride at the amusement park. I want to go again, and again!


Thanking Him for thinking of me to stand in the gap. Can’t wait for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings