Friday, September 8, 2017

It is Enough

As I am learning to grow into my purpose and calling to be a light-bearer and barrier breaker, I still am feeling quite ineffective. I know people feel safe sharing their hearts with me, and yet, I am still not in a place where I have insight for them. I don’t see amazing breakthroughs, and I am not aware of any tangible help I have provided. Other than intercessory prayer, I am pretty much not at all where I expected to be by now.

Today, I have been a listener, and a forgiver. I have been a sounding board and have acted out of love instead of judgement.  I have not, however, been the carrier of the light of Christ that I think I should be.

Yet, I am reminded that it isn’t me at all. The light of Christ is in me and on me, and I don’t have to do or say anything to bring Jesus into the room.

It is very freeing to know that I don’t have to do anything to live out my purpose. If I am a light-bearer, then simply my presence brings His presence. How awesome is that?

Then, why do I still feel inadequate, and as though it is not enough? What a privilege it is carry the light of Christ with me wherever I go. The very nature of His perfect light dispels the darkness. The minute I am expecting something out of me to be the difference, I defeat the whole point.

It isn’t about me.

It never was.


And that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings