Monday, October 9, 2017

Breaker Anointing

My father was a Lieutenant in the Army during WWII. His troops were the front of the very front lines (scouts for the land artillery).  Dad didn’t like to talk much about the war. I only knew a few stories, the most compelling being the liberation of Dachau. His men were the first American soldiers to step foot into the camp on that day of freedom. What he remembered most was the overwhelming stench of death that assaulted every soldier, even miles before they arrived at the concentration camp, causing each one of them to vomit their breakfast before actually entering into that horrendous scene. 

I visited Dachau in 1973. Standing before the photographs displayed in their visitor’s center was almost more than I could bear. I cannot imagine what my father felt seeing these skeletal survivors in the flesh. I can’t begin to fathom the bittersweet joy of bringing freedom to these tortured souls.

I am reminded of this story because lately, I am hearing prophesy regarding the breaker anointing that is upon me. I am in awe and wonder at what it means to be a barrier breaker. I know this is my purpose, and I see inklings of preparation and training all along the way of my life’s journey.

My first thought is how could this be? Yet, remembering my father’s legacy as an officer leading his men into such an amazing act of deliverance into freedom, I now realize that, of course, this is my inheritance. The gift from my father is in my DNA to break open the chains that bind God’s people in darkness. It is my destiny to help destroy the barriers that keep others from tasting the goodness of the light of Christ. I hope I never have to witness the horror of freeing prisoners from a concentration camp, along with its attached emotional upheaval, and yet, in my heart of hearts, I also know that bringing a soul from death to life is really the same thing.

Yesterday, I had a word of prophecy spoken over me that my name should not be Locke, but rather “UnLock.”


I am excited to see how God is going to reveal more of this purpose in me, as I partner with Him in the Kingdom work of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings