Friday, June 15, 2018

Refining Fire

Last night during a prayer and worship time, we were singing a song about being refined into pure gold, and welcoming that refining process. I was convicted into the very depths of my being because I suddenly realized that I have spent my entire life resenting God's refining of my soul. During those times I have felt angry. I have been frustrated. I have allowed feelings of abandonment and loneliness to overshadow my desire to be purified.
Before bed, as I began to think through this conviction, I was knocked to my knees in repentance.
I am so sorry that I have resented God’s desire to purify me.
I wonder how much easier things might have been along the way had I understood the depth of His goodness through the pain.
I’m thankful for His grace and forgiveness, yet sad that it has taken me so long to actually desire His refining.
Today is a new day. A day where I am remembering the refining process through the years, and I’m grateful for God's fire on the journey that has created in me His purity and holiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings