Sunday, June 10, 2018

A Funk or A Calling?


Lately, I have been in a bit of a funk. Every day seems to be an all-out battle for my thoughts to be brought captive unto the obedience of Christ. Learning to let go of a critical spirit and to replace my frustrations with grace and gratitude is a constant in my life these days.

I have so much for which to be grateful, yet how easy it is to see all that I don’t have, and still desire. I don’t measure up to my expectations as to how I think I should act and feel. My prayers are scattered all over the place, and I find my thoughts wandering to meaningless places even when I purposely plan to focus on spiritual matters and things.

I wonder why the struggle is so real and very raw.

Then, I hear in the news of the attacks in Mozambique on beautiful Christian leaders. People being beheaded for their faith; villages burned, families torn apart because of their decision to follow Christ.

Israel is being bombed daily. Children do not have a safe place to be children, having to grow up so quickly in a land under constant attack.

Friends on social media reporting of grave illnesses, and untimely deaths. Suicides. Relationships ripped apart by addictions. The list could go on and on, but I don’t want to give glory to the author of these painful realities.

Today, I realized that my unsettledness was not really me, but the spirit within me. There is so much that needs to happen in the Courts of Heaven to help people move from darkness into the light.

I wonder how long the battle will rage, and of course I know the answer is until Christ returns to gather His Bride.

Instead of remaining in this funk, I am prodded to pray and intercede. I see there is so much still to be done. Instead of wallowing in my personal pity party, I instead am rising up in my calling to intercession and moving Heaven to Earth through prayer and the dunamis power within me.

It is an honor to be chosen. I don’t deserve it, yet I’m called anyway.

And so are you.

Wake up, Bride. We have much work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings