Saturday, July 1, 2017

Prayer ADHD

Lately I have been unable to focus for any length of time in prayer. I make the effort, and then the distractions come. From the cell phone to the husband to the dog to my own rattled thoughts; staying my mind on Him alone has become almost an impossible feat.

I want to be in prayer. I want to dig deeper and learn the secret things Papa is longing to share with me. Yet, here I am—another failed prayer time.

I want my thoughts to slow down. I want to use my flexible hours for His purposes. Willing myself to to forge through the distractions, here I sit. Hoping this time, my focus stays where I want it. In Him, alone.

It isn’t about desire. It isn’t about faith. It is simply about willing myself to stay in His presence. It is about tuning out the distractions, and letting nothing else enter in.


Thank you, Lord for helping me to turn down the noise in my mind so that my thoughts can become Your thoughts. Help my ways to become Your ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings