Thursday, July 20, 2017

Whirlwind Day

Today has been a whirlwind of life-altering events around me. A famous band member committed suicide; a notorious murderer and thief was paroled; a high school friend’s infant grandson passed away; an even closer friend’s adult son has relapsed into drug abuse for the umpteenth time; and my daughter was just offered the job of a lifetime after being out of work since she had been laid off after her maternity leave ended over a year ago.

I am so happy for my daughter. While she has not had any college coursework to prepare her for this position in marketing and PR for her city of residence, she does have some solid experiences from her previous job that will serve her well, indeed.

Years ago when she told me her plans to pursue her Master’s in Creative Writing, I wondered how she would ever make a living with that degree. I think it’s the “creative” part that landed her this position.  I know she will have a huge learning curve ahead of her, but I also know she is up for the challenge.  Needless to say, I am so very proud of her.

I’m sure she’s worried about going back to working motherhood again, now with two littles at home, but this job is only about a ten minute drive away (rather than the grueling hour plus she endured in her previous job during rush hour to get in and out of the city). That alone makes this new offer so appealing.  

I am so happy for her, but I am rather shocked at the array of splashed emotions on my heart this day.


It makes me feel like I just need to take a deep breath and exhale. Twenty times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings