Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Praying to be in Prayer

I have nothing on the calendar scheduled for today. That, in itself, is unusual. I am grateful for time to breathe and just move as I choose. Yet, something inside still feels unsettled. It’s as though I am forgetting something really important—some divine appointment that I am missing because I am sitting at my computer instead of elsewhere. I have no idea where else I should be.

Nothing is really wrong, and still I have this inner sense of unsettledness. It isn’t about doing something or not doing something, it is more of an unrest.

Then I remember. I am called to be an intercessor.

Some days (actually it is usually in the middle of the night) I am asked to pray for someone I have never met or even heard of before. Other days, images of friends and acquaintances will pass through my thoughts, and I have to jar myself into remembrance to pray.

Today is one of those days.

I have been having trouble lately staying focused in prayer. Between my blind husband and his highly energetic guide dog breaking my concentration, I still have plenty of my own scattered thoughts that continually interrupt.

I am trusting that my sporadic moments of prayer will release the Kingdom power needed to move Heaven to Earth, yet, I am overwhelmed with my own inadequacy.

I think I may need prayer to be in prayer.


Papa, I don’t know why You have chosen me to be a vessel for Your work. I am so honored to partner with Jesus in bringing His Kingdom here to my little neck of the woods, and yet, I am doing all that I know how to do to shove away my negative thoughts and limiting beliefs about my role as Your Princess Warrior. I am grateful that You have brought me to this place, and I am expecting to see mighty signs, miracles, and wonders because of what Jesus accomplished on the cross. I know You want Your power to move ahead of us, and I am straining for the finish line to be able to say I finished the race. But I don’t want to just finish, I want to bring others with me across the line in amazing glory. Thank You for open eyes to see and ears to hear. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings