Monday, December 12, 2016

His Presence Is With Me

Today I spent some time in my previous work place. It looks the same, but it definitely does not feel the same. As one enters the door, the tension is very evident. There seems to be so many unsaid things pressing on the hearts of those still there. I saw those who remember what it used to be like when the place was welcoming and brimming with love, and they were sad in their current state.

When I worked there, I prayed many, many times over that building and its people. I made it my goal to create a warm and friendly atmosphere. I continually sent the message that this was a place where people cared about one another. Now that I am gone, I am left wondering why that all left with me?

I don’t think I have a magic touch. I know I am not all that skilled or gifted, but what I brought to my work was the presence of the Lord.

It is a dreary, miserable place when the Lord is mostly absent. 

I am sad for those still there. Their hearts are longing for what used to be, and I am so sorry that it left with me. I didn’t expect that to happen. I thought things would carry on without me. They didn’t.

I wish I had words of hope for those still there. I don’t. Some have left. Some are planning to leave. Some feel stuck. Yet the reality is that it isn’t about one leader. It’s about a decision to welcome all that is good and to reject and reframe the negativity.

I know they have that ability, but unless one recognizes where the real power lies, they become like a leaf—dried, brown, and blown about in the cold, dreary winds of winter.

I will pray for their spring of new life. I will pray for the goodness of the Lord to return to them. I will pray for hearts of sweetness once again. Where the presence of the Lord is, there is a peace that is beyond our comprehension.

I will also rejoice in knowing that when I am present, so is He.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings