Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Two Things

Two out of the ordinary things happened yesterday. One was an amazing, exciting blessing. The other was a very hard pill to swallow. While reveling in the amazing, wonderful thing, it was easy to not think about the other. Yet, all night long, my unresolved emotions around the other kept waking me up, reminding me of my imperfections and my less-thans.

This morning, I resolved to not allow the difficult thing to overshadow the blessings of the joyous. It is hard, but I have come to realize that as I put my focus on Papa, it becomes much easier.

The biggest effort for me is to allow the joy even though there is this huge hurdle that I still will need to navigate.

It made me ponder my reactions when these two things happened so close together. I received both pieces of news literally in minutes of one another. Yet, for the first time in my life, I did not jump on the emotional roller-coaster. I feel like I have finally matured a bit in this arena, and that is a very good thing.

Two huge things with two opposite effects. Yet, here I stand—whole and centered in the love of the Father. And I am at peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings