Friday, December 30, 2016

I Need My Gratitude Filter Back in Place

I am feeling sorry for myself today. Getting through the holidays with a broken elbow was not easy, but I did manage. My kids pitched in more than usual, and it all worked out. But now, Christmas is over and I can’t get the decorations put away.  My blind husband wants to help, but he just makes more things for me to clean up. People did offer to help me when I really didn’t need the help while my kids were here.  What I would like is someone else to fix and clean up dinner. I would like someone else to clean the house.

I have lost my gratitude filter and I really need to find it again.

Usually I am so grateful for all that I have. Usually, I find the good in even the darkest of days. I don’t know why I am so grumpy and displeased with everything around me.  I need a do-over for this day.

There is a beautiful sunset in view out my dining room window. It is rather spectacular. I am blessed that I can see it. I can describe it to my blind husband, but I could never really do it justice.  I am grateful that I can see. My house is warm and cozy. We have a refrigerator full of holiday leftovers.

I am blessed, and I will find my gratitude filter once again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Blessings